GCM Construction was the general commercial contractor for a dog daycare and boarding facility Camp Bow Wow at their second location in Eden Prairie, MN. The dog camps offer daycare and boarding for all shapes and sizes.
Project details include demolishing the entire 10,400 square foot space, formally office space, and convert into an open and inviting space to meet Camp Bow Wow strict requirements that ensure their guest pups have a pleasant, convertible and secure stay.
A few challenges that had to be overcome;
The floor must be free of any imperfections, smooth and polished, their guest can’t break a nail. This was extremely challenging, the floor was in poor, to say the least, condition. Extensive prep, grinding and leveling was needed.
The entire facility is climate-controlled. All existing roof top units were replaced and several more added. Additional ventilation and fans were added to circulate and filter the air.
Interior play yards had to be created with direct access to exterior play yards. New doors were cut through the exterior walls.
Building the exterior play yards was a major hurdle and took weeks working with the authorities having jurisdiction. To meet the requirements the play yard surfaces were constructed using a permeable interlocking paver system. The paver systems reduced run off, allows for onsite drainage and is environmentally friendly.
The camp has several unique and interesting features:
- Small dog / Teacup area including separate interior and exterior play yards
- Grooming room with walk in tubs
- Private luxury suites finished with ceramic floor and wall tile, glass doors, and flat screen TV for that very special and pampered pooch
- 80 individual cozy cabins with comfy cots
- Live camper cams throughout the facility with 24-hour monitoring system